Pages

Sunday 23 June 2013

Arklow Tour - June 2013

Well I'm on the road again! I didn't wake up in the best of moods this morning after being woken by a text message at 2am, a phone call from a mysterious number at 3am and then the alarm clock at 4am. But I dragged myself out of bed and after a strong coffee and a shower, I was ready for the day ahead.

I picked up from the Irish centre in Digbeth. A group I brought over to Clonmany, County Donegal, last year for a music festival. So when I pulled up this morning there were a lot of familiar faces all pleased to see me. When we were loading the coach there was a bit of a commotion going on in the coach. When I went to look, I found a lad, mid twenties, obviously on his way home from a good night out, had climbed onto the coach and was telling everyone that when you are three sheets to the wind, this is the best time to spread 'the word of God', and started quoting the bible! Of course it was down to muggins here to 'remove' him! I was a bit worried but he went relatively easily. So there was our first bit of excitement and it wasn't even 6 o'clock!

We set off for Holyhead to meet our ferry to Dun Lougherie. It was fairly quiet on board for maybe twenty mins before I was handed a CD to play, while they all were warbling and wailing along with it! I suffered that for about an hour and then they played Bingo before another hour of warbling! I was glad to get on the ferry for some peace!

We were on the fast ferry which I was a bit dubious about. I've travelled on it just once before and was as sick as a dog. But this time I was prepared with my sick bands! I enjoyed cooked breakfast before falling asleep in my chair. No doubt with my mouth open catching flies!

We only had an hour drive from the ferry to our hotel in Arklow, County Wicklow. I can see the sea from my room, the sun is shining and apart from the funeral going on when we arrived and having nowhere to park, all is very nice. I have a day off tomorrow so I will have a kip now before dinner so I may last long enough to have a drink and a catch up tonight, while the live music is playing in the bar. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment